Saturday, March 30, 2019

how to have a successful job interview




Since I started my first job (in April of 1964) I’ve been on numerous job interviews, but I don’t have a clue about how many I actually went through. I never really studied on HOW to have a good interview, since being relaxed and myself always worked well enough that I was gainfully employed in some type of job for more than 50 years. I’ve tried retirement a few times, but it never seems to stick. I don’t think that I’ll work until I am as old as Tony Bennett (still working at 92), but I’ll probably continue to be a substitute teacher for a few years yet. 


If you are actually LOOKING for a job, there are numerous sites that can help you prepare for a successful interview. However, this is what you do NOT want to do during an interview:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdTTjY8soVc


Although I am not opposed to having an occasional beer, I don’t believe that I have ever expressed my enthusiasm for this ancient beverage in a job interview. However, I DO share an affection for beer just like Brett Kavanagh. I’ve long since graduated beyond the “bottom dwellers” like Busch Lite, and generally stick with beers that are in the modest price range of less than $15 for a 12 pack.


However, whenever the lotto climbs to prize payouts that border on incredible, it’s always fun to fantasize some of the things that I would splurge on, and one of those things is beer. 


Believe it or not, one the world’s most expensive beers in Pabst Blue Ribbon. However, the expensive version is NOT the same stuff that you can buy anywhere for less than $1 a bottle. The GOOD stuff is Pabst Blue Ribbon 1844. It is sold ONLY in China, and it costs $44 a bottle.


http://mentalfloss.com/article/30987/10-worlds-most-expensive-beers


The most expensive beer that you can buy ranges in price from $800 to $1815 a bottle (it’s called Nail Brewing’s Antarctic Nail Ale), but the most intriguing beer is Brewdog’s The End of History, which is encased in a stuffed squirrel. 





Incidentally, if you are looking for a reasonably good CHEAP beer, the list below can be of help to you. (You’ll notice that Pabst Blue Ribbon is on this list as well).



https://vinepair.com/articles/11-cheap-american-beers-ranked-from-awful-to-drinabkle/





You’re free to drink any kind of beer that you’d like, but here’s one final piece of advice:


Don’t bring it with you to your job interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment